Seeking a 2016 ABC & WAC Host Committee
April 22-24, 2106
On behalf of ACA as a whole, our Annual Business Conference has the principal responsibility for the maintenance of our world services, and it traditionally has the final decision respecting large matters of general policy and finance.
The ACA WSO Board of Trustees has not determined the location of the 2016 ABC, which will be held the weekend of April 22-24, 2016. In addition, the Board has voted to host the inaugural one day World ACA Conference (WAC) either immediately before or after the ABC.
We are asking ACA groups and Intergroups to consider playing host to the 2016 ABC & WAC.
If your Group or Intergroup has any questions about hosting the ABC & WAC or would like to submit a bid to host the 2016 ABC & WAC, please send an e-mail with the subject line “2016 ABC & WAC” to Litstaff@adultchildren.org.
We will be very happy to answer any questions or concerns you may have to help you consider hosting the ABC & WAC in your city.
The Host Committee will have total support from the WSO.
You will be working hand-in-hand with the Board’s 2016 ABC Liaison, Larry A., who is the Chair of the Board of Trustees. He will gladly maintain an ongoing dialogue and provide coordinating support to the Host Committee and its designated trusted servant throughout the entire process.
The Board and WSO staff will be responsible for preparing all of the delegate’s materials.
The WSO will reimburse all expenses expressly agreed to and made on behalf of the WSO by the Host Committee.
If your Group or Intergroup is interested and able to be of service from a space of love to the fellowship with this important effort, we need to hear from you as soon as possible, please. To help you consider hosting the ABC & WAC, here are some of the Host Committee major tasks:
• Locate and recommend potential meeting sites with audio/visual/wi-fi capability (large enough for up to 75 people in a large round or square seating layout, if possible). We usually meet in a suburban area to help keep costs low.
• If the meeting site is not in a hotel, then locate affordable hotels within a short walking distance.
• Provide and/or plan local transportation.
• Arrange for affordable meals, snacks and beverages, as required.
• Provide clear signage and help with room setup and breakdown.
• Plan one local evening activity, such as a walking tour of local sites that includes an affordable dinner.
• Provide other local logistical support as needed.
We hope to hear from you soon so the Board can start coordinating the ABC & WAC in your city!
Yours in Service,
The WSO Board of Trustees