Come enjoy food and fellowship with ACA friends at this year’s Thanksgiving Brunch! November 24th from 9:00-11:00am at the Village Inn, 1621 NE 10th Ave. Portland.
ACA Oregon Intergroup has voted to post an ACA Agnostic / Secular 12 steps list on our website which would be in addition to the WSO 12 steps. It will not replace the original 12 steps. The purpose of this will be to help our members who do Recovery without God.
“Likewise, if the meeting requires a specific spiritual or religious belief, the basic freedom to choose is removed, and the meeting should not be called ACA. We are a spiritual program where each person is free to choose a Higher Power or not. There are no mandates.” –Page 74 ACA WSO Strengthening my Recovery.
Comments are welcome below.
ACA 12 Steps – Agnostic/Secular
- Admitted we were powerless over our family dysfunction and that our lives had become unmanageable.
- Came to believe the wisdom of the ACA program and its members could restore us to sanity.
- Made a decision to follow a path of recovery.
- Made a searching, fearless, and honest inventory of ourselves and our families of origin.
- Admitted to ourselves and to another human being the exact nature of our past.
- Became entirely ready to work at nurturing and transforming ourselves.
- With the assistance of others and our own firm resolve, we transform negative aspects of ourselves and cultivate positive ones.
- Made a list of all persons we had harmed and those who had harmed us. Then became willing to make amends and open to letting go of the shame and blame we hold for ourselves and others.
- Made direct amends and forgave such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure ourselves or others.
- Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.
- Sought through meditation to improve our conscious contact with our highest selves and to find integrity in all areas of our lives.
- Having had an awakening as a result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to others like us and to practice these principles in all our affairs.
Please note this is not an ACA WSO-sanctioned document.